I could tell you that I love to take pictures, but you already know that. Instead, I think I will tell you that I have a passion for capturing moments. As a mother, I know how fleeting the moments are with your children. From the first smile to the first step, I know how you feel. I want to capture those moments for you to treasure forever. As a wife, I understand passion in love, the excitement of marriage, and the moments of "real life" that bring it all together. I want to document those for you.

I know without a doubt that being a photographer is the path that was intended for me. I can not begin to explain to you how much joy I gain from seeing the smile on my client's face once they see their photos. I get butterflies in my tummy before opening up images on my computer andworking my magic as they come to life. I have been known to have a passion for a field in the country, peeling bright painted walls, and capturing the moments that you felt may be disasterous. I have a knack for finding beauty in each moment of beautiful chaos. I promise to artistically document your beautiful chaos in your upcoming session.

Sassy Massey Photography creates captivating portraits that celebrate the many stages of your life including personalized senior portrait, family portrait, individual portrait, maternity & newborn photography, special event photography, engagement & wedding photojournalism.

Sassy Massey Photography is located in Katy, Texas and travels in and around the Houston area.

The Garcia Family {Katy Family Photographer} - SNEAK PEEK

November 30, 2013

Speaking of being THANKFUL.. Please read the story behind this session. I was contacted by a sweet Mommy names Joni, a few months ago. She has a family of 5. Her, her husband Ray and 3 little boys. All 3 suffer from Autism. They have not had a family photo taken since 2010, bc she did not feel that a photographer could help her with that big of a task. With Joni's permission I am going to share part of her story, through an email she wrote me, regarding their photo session. 

" It will be me, my husband Ray and our three boys, Parker (5), Grayson (3), and Logan (23 mths). Parker and Grayson are both on the Autism spectrum. Parker is super high functioning. Grayson has limited communication and can become frustrated easily. He really loves to play, chase and be tickled so this may be an action packed photo shoot in order to keep him comfortable. My mom is also coming to help. She is really great with the boys and her familiar face should help keep Grayson at ease. If you could get a candid picture of her with the boys that would be awesome but if not that would be ok too. 

What I would really love is a picture of all 5 of us, a picture of the three boys together and a picture of each separately. We haven't had professional pictures since Grayson was a baby. After that Autism turned us upside down for a while. Actually, we are probably still upside down but have decided Autism isn't going to hold us back, including getting an awesome family picture!"

Tonight, as I am editing, I sent her an email telling her how strong she was, and that I thought she and her husband were good role models to many parents, from how they handle such a curve ball in life that they have been given, not once…but 3 times…I spoke about being a "normal" mom and within moments becoming a "special needs" mommy for a brief time frame. 

Her response was this:

"That's great! Thanks for turning them around so quickly! You are welcome to share our story. I have to admit that we are not always so great with the kids. It can be very stressful. We also have really awesome moments too. The awesome moments are the ones we try to focus on and strive for. 

I did read about your daughter. It was part of the reason that drew me to you. I can't image anything like that happening to one of my kids. I think that you are one tough mommy to have gone through that and come out with such a positive outlook. 

Thanks for taking our pictures and being so great with the kids! I can't wait to see the pictures!"

This session was jam packed with action. There was no posing. No sitting still. No "say cheese". It was singing songs, asking what letters words start with, focusing on objects, mom and dad swinging the kids around in their arms, chasing little boys, letting them touch my camera between photos, and telling Mom and Dad how awesome they are. Joni, Mom, is not only absolutely GORGEOUS on the outside but meeting her was just wonderful. She and Ray, are such an inspiration to me. 

I always stress before my own children's photos, and I know many of you do too. For a brief moment, I thought to myself… "Its ok, look at this family just try to enjoy life through the chaos"…

Im hoping they love their photos. I think we came out on top here Joni and Ray, and you all are an inspiration! Hugs to you and your family!













www.sassymasseyphotography.com
www.facebook.com/sassymasseycustomphotography
832.370.7903